frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Dark Mark Makes Movie Recommendations that cannot be found on either Netflix or DirecTV on demand.

2»

Comments

• Options
    No, I have a hate-on that I was bombarded by people telling me the show was amazing. I LOVE the movie but the show just dragged out the same gags over and over. Let great things die with dignity instead of milking the corpse for every last cent.

I'm also horribly opinionated when it comes to film and television. It takes someone equally obnoxious to enjoy my company when I get rolling. I can totally kill a party as I shit on sacred cow after sacred cow then try to argue as to why Ernest Goes To Jail is actually an under appreciated comedic gem.

Most here have not had the pleasure of my company in person so be forewarned that if you head down this path it can get ugly quick.

Then there is also the side of me that says "We can't all like everything" and I mean it. But I love to argue it all out.

Great Uncle, Average Father, Mediocre Triathlete

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @GentlemanJerseyDave if you could find someone equally obnoxious, it would make a great podcast or youtube series. I'd pay (or sit through ads) to hear/see that.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @Aaron Webstey Ah, the old "Huffington Post" method.

BTW - Just watched Meru this morning. That is a great Documentary and a terrific example of sports in film. Fantastic.
    Aaron Webstey

• Options
    dhrdhr Member
    I'm just here to say both the movie and the series blows.
    idking90
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    My wife HATED the series (and also never saw the movie).
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @Dark Mark - I am in a foul mood. Toss me out another movie or tv to shit on.
    ItsShug

• Options
    Mystery Men was meh, but "Maybe you should put some pants on, if you want to keep fighting evil today" is a line I use with my kids about once a week.
    PreachSwansonM_WareGentlemanJerseyDaveKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Brent_R said:

I thought Wet Hot American Summer, both the movie and First Day the show, were funny. You definitely have to have watched the movie to appreciate the show. Also, it helps if you have a passing familiarity with some of the actors other work. Some of the jokes are pretty inside. For example, if you don't know who Bradley Cooper is or any other movie he was in there are a lot of jokes that probably don't mean anything.

It's funny. I didn't watch the movie until after the Netflix show. It was on my radar for years, but never happened. Then I heard David Wain say that he was interested to see if it would hold up if someone watched the first day of camp followed by the movie. It worked for me. But I agree, familiarity with the actors probably had something to do with that.

Also, the "Hurricane of Fun" Netflix documentary is great, even if it's just to hear Bradley Cooper give freshman level videography class explanations of a directors job.
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member

@Dark Mark - you are plain wrong about Mystery Men. One of my favorite roles for the much misunderstood and under-rated Paul Ruebens. Speaking up: Anyone else have Pee Wee's Christmas Special as a Top-5 All Timer in the category? That thing is bonkers and hilarious.

Saw the Pee Wee special this season, always a classic. Must-watch right up there with Bad Santa, Christmas Vacation & A Christmas Story.

Can't believe @Dark Mark no longer enjoys him as The Spleen alongside Angry Blue Steel Mister Furious.
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    I only now realize that I've steered two threads to discussion of Pee Wee Herman.

I realize now that it's subconscious anticipation of seeing the new Pee Wee film at SXSW in March.
    Aaron Webstey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch