frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

baby shower gift ideas

Hello friends,
I am glad to share that my sister has given birth to little princess and they are planning a baby shower party this weekend. Please suggest me what gift should I present them?

Comments

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    There was an article about this recently.

mbrekk44Aaron WebsteyM_WareDawnCMattCraig_DJennifer Post
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    whiskey and condoms.
    M_WareJennifer PostTad_MCapenslickfins_Ryan
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @Nicholson, welcome! We are very boring and usually send a card and $ for babies, unless the parents have asked for something specific. A word of advice, do not give cute cowboy outfits and lariats to 4 year old twins who live in a 2 story house with an open bannister staircase. I almost won the bad auntie of the century award for that one.
    MattkjrunninDawnCCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoMartinJennifer PostTad_Mslickfins_RyanAaron Webstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    ear plugs. (seriously though, congrats on being an uncle)
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoTad_Mkjrunnin
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Unless they are super-tied to their gift registry, I always bring a gift for the new mom. I'll throw in a small gift for the baby like teething rings or socks, but put the real effort behind a gift for the mom. It seems like the baby needs are always covered and then some but the mom needs a little TLC too after pregnancy, delivery, and then the sleepless nights that follow. I usually get something like nice body wash for those cherished moments when they actually can take a shower or even a gift certificate for a pedicure or something. And, if I know them well and they won't be offended, I usually bring a nice bottle of wine or champagne so they can enjoy something nice after going without alcohol for so many months.

Other thought is to do a gift card for dinner delivery service.
    M_Warekjrunnin
  • Options
    I know it sounds stupid, but being a new parent, get them diapers. Seriously, my kid has already out grown all the cloths that were bought for him at the baby shower (in only 2 months)
    M_Ware

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    My go-to is a sleep sack from the white company.
    M_Ware
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I make receiving blankets that are bigger (with nicer prints) than store bought and put them in a gift bag with a bunch of things that they probably aren't stocking the nursery with now but will be glad to have on hand should the need arise... Baby Tylenol, gripe water/Ovol, those little snot aspirator bulbs, forehead thermometer. And Robert Munsch's "Love You Forever".
    M_WareAaron WebsteyNicholson

• Options
    Get this: cloudb.com/US/sound/sleep-sheep

Then tell them to throw away the sheep. That noise maker is pure $$$$.
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    I bought these for my best friend's kid.

http://www.rockabyebabymusic.com/

But the Beatles, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Rush and Queens of the Stone Age versions. Subtly helping them raise a Rock lover.
    KenElPescadoPeladoStruangCapenAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Size 23cm Cervelo P5, or a super soft Gund Lamb (our middle son's favorite). If you are bold enough to give a stuffed animal, wait to see if baby/toddler likes it. If it takes, be the coolest friends in the world and get two more identical. Then Mom and Dad have an emergency backup as well as a clone they keep in rotation while the poop and puke is washed out of the lamb currently in use. Smart moms and dads rotate all three so they age at the same rate and the imposter(s) are never identified.
    You should have seen the look on our son's face one day when we put all 4 out at the same time. Blew his mind for a minute then it was total joy.
    M_WareMattkjrunninsimonsen77
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    hello friends,
    Thanks for your help. I have planned to give the mini piggy bank for the baby got the idea from http://www.babynology.com/parenting-advice/baby_shower_gift_ideas.html
    I thought giving clothes and toys are very common and everybody else would give that. But piggy bank sounds something unique to me, wherein baby might play with it by putting taking out money to and from it.
    M_WareTad_MAaron Webstey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch