frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

SOS—bike help, please

M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
So I took RXC off the trainer and was going to switch from the trainer skewer to his regular one when this happened.

I’ve never had this happen before. Is this a catastrophic manufacturing failure, or is this normal? Do I just forget it ever happened, put the regular skewer in and continue on my merry way? Thanks tribe.
Keeper of the Cowbell
Queen of All Donut Awards
Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
KenElPescadoPelado

Comments

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Can't quite tell if your quick release lever is threaded, but I would think that can be put back together. Mine appears to have a lock washer at the end. Maybe if that was lost, it can be replaced?

M_WareMatt
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Hello @Matt or basically anyone other than my dumb ass
    M_WareMartin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Thanks Ken! I’ll go scrounge around in the wet basement and see if I can locate the lock washer.
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    Hmm, no threads evident and no sign of missing lock washer. No sign of broken weld or glue bond. Perplexing.
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Hope you find it @M_Ware , glad it didnt happen in the wild.
    @KenElPescadoPelado , more Dog vs. Wabbit please. It reminds me of Spy vs. Spy. (Anyone here that old?)
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_D
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited May 2019
    @M_Ware there are no threads and the washer appears to have a beveled edge. The single split in the ring in Ken's photo allows it to slip over the end of the post and then bite into the groove. It likely broke. Best bet is to buy a new skewer.#sworry
    M_Ware
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    Thanks @Craig_D! I had another left it turned up to 11 incident in the Pathfinder yesterday, had to laugh. Rock on.
    Craig_D
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Matt said:

Put it back on the trainer and buy a new bike

I really hope Matt can make the Sworry Trials. We have a casted arm division. @Matt for Director of Capital Appropriations.
    M_WareMattAaron WebsteyCraig_D
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Cast removed this morning! Orthopaedic surgeon says no amputation either. Splint for 6 weeks and Western grip only.

Hopefully I can actually make it out there
    M_WareAaron WebsteyCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninyournotuniqueTad_M
  • Options
    I got a new skewer so that problem is solved. I also had bike shop switch stem on left to the one on the right. OMG, so much more love for RXC now. He’s still way too twitchy for lots of the gravel I ride (yay Sassy Salsa) but overall RXC is 100% more comfortable now.

Craig_DwchevronKenElPescadoPelado
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Did you swap out for a shorter stem? That will make the bike twitchier than going longer. Yay for more comfortable, though.
    M_Ware
  • Options
    Yes, @KHilgendorf, the shorter, angled stem. You are right, even more wiggly on the gravel, but sooo much better on the trainer, which is this bike’s current job.
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Here I am, needing help...again. I need a new tire pressure gauge (Presta) I want one that is simple and not fiddly, even better if the numbers are larger than a small gnat's nuts. Please tell me your favorites. In return I will gladly share rhubarb recipes or painted rocks.
    KenElPescadoPelado
    Keeper of the Cowbell

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch