frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Hip-hop preferences

Comments

• Options
    bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @gregk wait, so the one you just sent me with the caption "wanna 69?" was purely non-sexual?
    gregkAaron WebsteyTad_M
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    MattGranpa Chookyournotunique
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options

You're welcome, @bbculp, @AaronWebstey , @EveryoneElse
    bbculpMartinAaron Websteyyournotunique
    The Dude at Minimal Multisport Podcast, Blog, and YouTube.
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

My 15 year old likes a lot of current hip hop. I sent him this video to remind him that there was cool shit more than six months ago.
    M_WarebbculpAaron WebsteyCraig_DMark_after_Darkgregk
  • Options
    @Martin Thank you for this. Best 5 minutes of my week.

I can't believe Slowtwitch is still a thing with content like this over here.
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_DTad_MMartingregkM_Ware
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
  • Options
    This thread has a better compilation of rappers than that list.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Drake in the top 10? Really??
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Drake is in my top 15. @AaronWebstey don't you people love him?
  • Options
    bbculp said:

I guess I need to listen to some of his non-hits. None of the radio stuff has ever really resonated at all, at least that I can remember.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    bbculp said:

We Canadians mostly love him for his time on Degrassi High. Good, family-oriented programming with no Gucci Mane cameos.
    Matt
  • Options
    Disgraceful talking about Drake when a new Gang Starr album dropped this week.

The fuck outta here.

MattAaron Websteybbculpyournotunique
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Need some help. My daughter got an athletic scholarship to college and she needs to play an opening song when she goes up to the stage for national signing day at her school. I'm assuming they would only be playing about 30 sec of the song so it needs to be something clean for that long. She likes hip hop. Looking for something up-tempo and up beat.
    M_Ware
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited November 2019
  • Options
  • Options
    wchevron said:

Looking for something up-tempo and up beat.

Appeals to all.

Matt
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    edited November 2019
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    edited November 2019
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Thanks for the suggestions. She picked some Kanye song. I wanted to go with this.

M_Ware
  • Options
    Reviving my slow education. Getting into some Mobb Deep. Best album to start with? Currently trying The Infamous.
    bbculp
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I hope it's cool to like Mobb Deep cuz I surely do
    bbculp
    #KOAT
  • Options
    The Infamous is THE Mobb album. Mobb's run was short-lived. Murda Muzik and Hell on Earth had a couple of decent tracks each, but The Infamous is what made them legends.

One of the things that makes Mobb legendary is that they were on some of the greatest singles and albums from New York's other great rappers between 1995-2005: "Outta Control" by 50 Cent, "L.A. L.A." by Capone-n-Norega, "Live Nigga Rap" by Nas.

But their masterpiece was their debut album. Nothing they did post-1995 could come close to The Infamous. To me, "Eye for an Eye (Your Beef is Mine)" might be the greatest track in hip-hop history (thanks in large part to fire verses from Nas and Raekwon.)

Aaron WebsteyyournotuniqueMartin
  • Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I.... I agree with every word @bbculp just said. Maybe not that "Eye" is the *greatest* track, but it's up there. You know the writing is incredible when a track with a sort of slow beat still has you ready to run headfirst through brick walls.
    Aaron Websteybbculp
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph |
  • Options
    And, I wish I had seen the request for @wchevron for his daughter to walk up to, because any suggestion other than this is wrong:

Aaron Websteybbculpwchevron
  • Options
    @yournotunique The *greatest* might be a bit of a stretch, but like you said, it's up there. It's the best verse of Raekwon's career, which is saying something because he was the best rapper of the Wu-Tang.

Second favorite might be the start to "Investigative Reports," which ends with the most fire 16 bars Ghostface ever put down.
  • Options
    Ohhhh, this brings me to an argument that I have with my friends:

Is Raekwon the best rapper in Wu-Tang, or is he the best writer? I will readily agree that he is the best writer. But I think a really solid argument could be made for Method Man. And, while I don't agree with it, I've heard some solid arguments for ODB, even though most of his rhymes were written by everyone else.
  • Options
    He's definitely the best writer. Even the rest of the WU agrees on that, and he's written a lot of their best verses.

I get why Meth was the one member of the Clan who [almost] went mainstream. He has that smooth flow that's easy on the ears. But Raekwon's flow is that perfect mix of smooth and violent. He's not as smooth as Meth and he's not as violent as Ghostface, but it hits just right, at least for my ears.

I've seen three members of the Clan perform solo: Gza (6 times), Raekwon (twice) and Ghostface (once). Raekwon was by far the most impressive live, although some of that has to do with the fact that he doesn't come on 2 hours late like Gza, and he's less high.
  • Options
    MC Eiht.. all time favorite... current stuff I like Drake beats
    Aaron Webstey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch